Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Project Update: One Down, Three to Go

After resting for a couple of days, I decided to dive into cutting the tenons for the Roubo-style workbench legs. The first step was to cut the 30-degree dovetails using the new jig and a little 14 tpi crosscut carcass saw.



As you can see, the Laguna did a pretty nice job working with the cradle jig.


Though I finished the dovetail cuts on all of the legs, I only had time to complete all of the cuts on one leg.


I used the Delta 12" band saw to clear out the negative space and cleaned it up with a razor-sharp 1/2" chisel loaned to me by the inimitable Random Roger Green. In reviewing my work, I noticed a little tearout on one of the legs, so I toothpicked a little glue in and taped it up for drying.


It will be right as rain tonight.

My wife, Tonya, and I are going to look at new cars tonight, as well. I see a minivan in my future. Yes, I've grown weary of carting wood and power tools around in a KIA Rio. If they can lower my payments, we'll have a deal. If not, the Rio will have to do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment