Thursday, June 18, 2015

Day 90: Framing Up the Lamination Form

I was able to make some pretty significant progress on the bentside lamination form last night. I had already cut the crossbeams and the side clamp blocks - in fact, I cut the blocks about a year ago - so, I had only to clamp the parts in place and screw with abandon. Wait, that didn't sound right. You know what I mean. I present the various stages of assembly below.




The next step is to glue the 3/16" plywood top to the frame. That will not happen tonight, as I lead a writers group and must attend. I'm pretty sure it will happen by this coming Monday. When the table saw pulley parts finally arrive, I can go ahead and slot the cross clamps (the whitewood pieces in the last photo above) and get the bentside completed.

Speaking of waiting on the table saw pulley parts, I sent Grizzly an email on the 17th asking them to confirm their promised June 15 ship date for the assembly. This is what I received in return:

"Dear Mr. Molnar,

Thank you for your email dated June 17, 2015.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We are currently awaiting approval from CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) on the replacement pulley kits. We expect CPSC to respond later this week, and we will immediately begin shipping the kits at that time.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience, but preventing possible injury to yourself or others is our top priority. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us immediately.

Thank you for your business and continued patience.

Sincerely,

 Kelly
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.
EN#1249"

Uh huh.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment