Friday, April 24, 2015

Project Update: Back at It

The CTScan is still pending, but I'm feeling much, much better. So much better, in fact, that I've jumped back out into the shop.


The beer is optional.

While out there, I decided to go ahead and complete the assembly table before starting the case of the instrument, a pretty big job. Rather than just slam lag bolts into the sides, I decided to use eye bolts because I can foresee a time when I will need to use rope to secure the pine boards when jointing the case bottom, as well as other large pieces.


I just need to install the 2x4 cross beams and it's done!

On an unrelated note, two major events are taking place this weekend in the Portland area: A Gathering of the Guilds at the Oregon Convention Center and the Handmade Musical Instrument Exhibit at Marylhurst University. Admission is free to the Gathering and $3 for the Instrument Exhibit. I'll be attending both. In fact, I'm displaying the keyboard at the Gathering this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Guild of Oregon Woodworkers Show and Tell booth.


It should prove to be an informative and interesting weekend, indeed.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment