Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 47: More Painting Sharps and Trimming Natural Tops

I put the second coat on the sharps last night. This time, I held the keys in a packing box while spraying them, which significantly cut down on the overspray - it only coated my face and glasses this time. It's a pretty underwhelming process, but needs to be done. I'll be sanding all of the keys starting tonight with 320-grit sandpaper before proceeding with the next two coats.


While waiting again for the paint to dry, I went ahead and trimmed up one of the natural key tops using the disc sander. It worked pretty well, so I'm fairly sure that process is solid. The next step for this first key top is to put it in the jig and score and trim it with a razor knife. You'll see what I mean in my next post.



Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment