Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 14: Dado Cuts and Keyframe Glue-up

I installed the stacking dado blade set on the table saw and gave it a whirl. As you can see, it creates a fairly wide cut - much wider than if I used my all-purpose blade to make the cut again and again and again and... You get the idea. I had never before used a dado blade, but I must say the cut came out pretty clean. I had to do a little brush up with a wood chisel, but it was minor. Here's a photo of my nasty new creature ready to chew up whatever I throw at it.


Once I used this blade set to cut the final dados into the keyframe side pieces, I was finally ready to glue it up. The gluing went remarkably well and I'm excited about starting the next step: cutting the balance and back rail and keyboard pin holes. Until then, we get to hurry up and watch glue dry...


BTW, you can see the zero clearance cut I made before the glue-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment