Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Project Update: Back at It, Sorta

As I've entered my second week of illness, I'm actually starting to feel a little better. Well enough, really, to get back out into the shop in spurts. The first thing I turned my attention to was the dust collection situation. I sold the big, clunky Delta dust collector on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago and rolled the money into a compact unit that fits nicely under the right wing of the table saw. Along with this, I purchased a flexible hose that extends from 4' to 21', which allows me to stretch it all over the two-car, and I picked up an accessory pack that allows me to fit a handle on one end of the hose with an adapter on each of the tools.




So far, so good.

The next task will be to assemble the two shelving units I recently purchased from Home Depot that will allow me to further organize the shop to clear some space for the Roubo-style workbench. Once I get things organized, I'll jump back on the bench so I can, ultimately, get back to completing the instrument.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Dr. D, I am glad to hear back among the living! Looking forward to seeing more progress.
    Random ROG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rog. Should be a good week (comparatively).

    ReplyDelete